Friday 5 March 2010

Shaping a leather flower


I've had this leather flower for ages it feels like. I bought it because I like leather, but never got around to using it. So just for fun I thought maybe I'd like it better if it was more dimensional.

Remembering reading that leather could be shaped by soaking it in water and let it dry in/on a mold, I dropped the flower into a bowl of water. Then I pushed the flower into the old mold I had nearby: a Hello Kitty plastic egg, the kind filled with yucky candy, a plastic HK and stickers. The flower was held in place using rounded stones that I filled the egg with. Not very sophisticated, but it was a spur of the moment thing...

And here's the result:



The leather isn't hardened, which you can do by putting leather in hot water (but I'm not sure if the flower would be suitable for that type of treatment or nor), but it keeps its shape.

Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...