Thursday 1 April 2010

Etched brown goldstone

I've already shown you my blue/black etched goldstone nugget. As I was pleased with the result, I also felt confident that it would be a good thing etching my other, brown, nugget as well. This one has more copper particles in it than any other goldstone I've seen so naturally it has a different look from my first stone. If the copper became a subtle shimmering faint streaks in the darker stone, the metal gave the brown nugget a very different touch this time. Here, the stone looks like shiny, soft silk. It's matte, but the copper is so much more visible and light-reflecting. But as always, these are hard things to capture in with a camera, especially as still photos.




The darker "ring" on the surface is not an effect of the etching cream, it was there already when I bought it. Two of the sides are darker and two are lighter, as you can see in the pics above.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, you've created the woman-made Goldstone and it is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...