Friday 23 September 2011

Autumn in pink and chartreuse



In the beginning of the month, I became fascinated with the horse chestnut leaves outside the window. They had just begun to change and displayed an amazing array or yellow-greens and green-yellows, colours perhaps more associated with spring than with autumn. It inspired me to write this post. Around the same time, I began seeing a lot of blog posts about the Pantone autumn/winter colour trends and became interested in pink as an autumn colour. Both finding pink outdoors (e.g. in those chartreuse chestnut leaves or blushing yellow pears) and playing around with pink in my autumnal colour combos in my beads.



These are some of the photos I took, inspired by these two unorthodox autumn colours. Some of the pics are perhaps two weeks old by now: outdoors, the horse chetnut trees are turning golden and copper instead of those zesty citrus tones they have here. And while I'm writing this, a sunshower is making the green-yellows and golden leaves glow and shine with such vibrant colours, I wish I had my camera nearby. Alas, it's not always easy to capture the intensity of the colours in weather like this (lot of sunshine, lot of rain, windy). And I don't want to get my camera wet. But believe me, it looks just glorious!








There's more than the chestnut trees changing colours, of cause.






I did a palette from that last pic so that you can see the different tones in it. Note the salmon pink: padparadscha as long been a favourite of mine, not least mixed with autumn colours like olive green, khaki, brown and copper.





For more yellow -- from soft velvet lemon tones to dark gold -- se my post from last year: White November, golden November. There's even some more chartreuse yellow and green. If you prefer red autumn colours, se A sunny October morning.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to see something in this colorway, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they're inspiring -- and a little like the soocho "jade" in my bead soup but brighter. It would be a challenge for me as I work mostly with earthtones and muted colours. But a challenge I'd like.

    ReplyDelete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...