Wednesday 25 April 2012

WIP: another twin bracelet



Actually, I'm slightly too busy to be blogging today, but I wanted a break and I've had fun doing a new bracelet (still in progress) that I wanted to show.

This is another really simple pattern. My own, evolving from trial and error, but probably not unique as I just let the shape of the beads determine the design. Beads as usual a mix of what I had at hand: seeds and twins from the prize I won and fp from my own stash (this and light hyacinth was the only colours I had in the right colour -- size or colour, you can't get both...) It's not finished, but at this point I began thinking about different directions the design could take: should I add the fire-polished beads as intended or leave it "bare" or just add beads to one side? The last alternative would probably be better for a collar/choker necklace than a bracelet.

Here's a really crummy pic of what the bracelet looks like lying flat. You can see the different design options I mentioned, from beads on both sides to no beads.



I'm also thinking about how different the design would look if I had used fully coloured beads instead of colour-lined. The lining makes it look almost like an open space in the middle. Just as in the lace bracelet I showed earlier. It would be fun to make a second bracelet using coloured beads too, just to see the difference. In such a bracelet the shape of the twin beads would be more visible instead of the meandering line that is the main focus of the design here.

A different colour combo would also make a huge difference. What would happen if the seeds and twins were the same colour? Or if using different colours of fp? Or just a huge "confetti" bead soup? All interesting questions, but I'm not sure I've got the right size, colour and amount of beads to try many variations at the moment.

Funny, looking at the pics, I almost think it looks like those herringbone "wave" bracelets. But much simple (at least for a newbie) as it's mostly stringing, not stitching.

Anyway, feedback always appreciated. Which version do you like best? And what do you think of the design overall?

2 comments:

  1. I really like the look of this. I'd like to see it with the crystals added in, I think. And I love the changes you made to the flower component.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If you haven't seen it, you might want to check out this post with a finished bracelet (same design, different colours): http://wildrosesandblackberries.blogspot.com/2012/04/another-twin-bracelet-revisited.html

      Delete

A few words can mean so much. Thank you for taking the time to comment!

PS! Feel free to email me if you don't want to comment publicly -- look under Contact (under the header)

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...